India defeated Pakistan in their first match of Champions Trophy hockey, 4-0 win over them, kept records of not losing Pak by two years
Ramandeep Singh, Dilpreet Singh, Mandeep Singh and Lalit Upadhyay scored goals from India in the match.
Indian hockey team defeated Pakistan 4-0 in the inaugural match of the Champions Trophy on Saturday. India won 4 years later against Pakistan in this tournament. Earlier, both the teams were face to face in the 2014 semi-final. Then Pakistan defeated India 4-3 Ramandeep Singh, Dilpreet Singh, Mandeep Singh and Lalit Upadhyay scored goals from India.
First goal: Ramandeep Singh scored a goal in the 25th minute with Simranjeet Singh.
Second goal: In the 54th minute, Dilpreet Singh came running to the goalpost and rounded off Pakistani players.
Third Round: Mandeep Singh, taking the ball in the 57th minute reached the inside of D and reached the goalpost.
Fourth goal: In the 59th minute, Lalit Upadhyay deflected near Ramandeep and the ball reached inside the goalpost.
Chhina Goal from Pakistan after Referral
– In the second minute of the third quarter, Pakistan went on to the goalpost of Ali Shah on Pakistan’s quick shot. The referee first scored a goal in favor of Pakistan, but India sought referral.
After this the referee overturned his decision. India had got a penalty corner in the last minute of the first quarter, but Harmanpreet Singh’s shot was stopped by the Pakistani goalkeeper.
India did not beat Pakistan in Commonwealth Games
– Earlier, both the teams were face-to-face in the Commonwealth Games at the Gold Coast. He was drawing a match. The eight-time Olympic champion Indian team was fourth in the Gold Coast.
After this, Hockey India had removed Shard Marin and appointed Harendra Singh as coach. Asian champion India has participated 36 times in the Champions Trophy, but has not been successful in winning once.
– India’s best performance in the Champions Trophy was in 2016, when the Indian team reached the finals but lost in the penultimate shootout from Australia in the title match.
India has not been able to become champion once in 40 years
– The champion trophy was started in 1978. India has since participated in this tournament 36 times, but has not been successful in winning once. At the same time, Pakistan has won three Champions Trophies (1978, 1980 and 1994). Although three times on the domestic ground this achievement has its name.
India vs Pakistan: 9 wins in 2 years
– Before the match, there were nine matches between India and Pakistan’s hockey teams in the last two years. Among them, leaving the match of Commonwealth Games, India had won all.