Kohli again proved ‘Virat’, the first Indian captain to win the series in SA
Team India is currently ahead of 4-1 in the six-match series. The last match will be in Centurion on 16 February.
Team India made their fourth in the series by winning the fifth ODI against South Africa in Port Elizabeth and made history as well. In the last 26 years, India has won the first ODI series in South Africa. With the win of this series, the Indian captain proved himself as very wise as his name. Not only did India win the series in their captaincy, but Team India also became number one in ODI ranking. This is the match …
– In the fifth ODI, India defeated South Africa by 73 runs. In the match, Rohit Sharma (115) scored a magnificent century, while Kuldeep Yadav (57/4) bowled a brilliant bowling first ball before the Indian team scored 274/7 in 50 overs. Later on, the hosts teamed up for 201 runs in 42.2 overs.
– In the match, Rohit Sharma scored 17th Century of ODI career This is his first Sanchari in South Africa. Along with that, he did the record of applying 17th Century of Desmond Haynes, Jack Callis and Ross Taylor.
– Team India is ahead of 4-1 in the six-match series. The last match will be in Centurion on 16 February.
Team India made number one
– By winning this fifth ODI series, Team India became number one in the ODI Rankings.
– Team India has 122 rating points and South Africa is on second position with 118 rating points.
History also changed in St. George
– Before this match, Team India had played five matches in St George’s Park in Port Elizabeth, and had lost in five matches.
– Out of these five matches, South Africa defeated it four times, besides Kenya in a match also.