Intercontinental Cup: New Zealand beat India 2-1, winning the hat-trick of the tournament, Sunil Chhetri’s team
In this tournament of 4 countries, India and New Zealand teams are jointly tied with 6-6 points.
Indian football team lost to New Zealand on Thursday night by 1-2 in the InterContinental Cup. Along with this he missed the hat-trick of victory in this tournament. In both the previous encounters, he had won. He defeated Chinese Taipei 5-0 and Kenya 3-0. However, Captain Sunil Chhetri scored a goal in this match, but India lost the match because of goals scored by Moises Dyer from New Zealand’s last moments (86 minutes). In this international tournament, Sunil Chhetri has scored 6 goals in 3 matches. In the tournament, both teams are jointly topped with 6-6 points.
New Zealand has shown the best game from the beginning
– New Zealand showed excellent game from the beginning of the match and kept the Indian defense consistently. The team’s forward players took a consistent test of goalkeeper Amarinder Singh, but they did not let New Zealand make an early lead.
– In the 43rd minute of the match, Indian captain Sunil Chhetri got a good chance to score but he got out of the ballpost. The second half started well for the Indian team. In the 47th minute, the team’s goalkeeper Michael Cornelis hit the ball at Chhetri’s foot, which went straight into the goal. In this way India got a 1-0 lead without much effort.
New Zealand scored goals after 2 minutes after Chhetri’s goal
– In the tournament, after Chetri’s sixth goal, Indian fans were delighted, after 2 minutes, he turned to despair. In the 49th minute, New Zealand’s Sarpreet Singh gave a superb pass from outside the box on which Andre De Jong scored the visitors with the goal of making the team equally.
– After this, New Zealand started to hold the match. He got many chances to score, but Amarinder Singh kept the hosts in the match. However, in the 86th minute, he could not stop New Zealand from making the second goal. This goal was scored by Moses Dyer.
– After the match was over, the Indian team made the rounds of the entire match and thanked the audience for the last match. The audience also encouraged the Indian team with applause.
7 changes in India match
– For the match played in the Mumbai Football Arena, India’s coach Stephen Constantine made a total of seven changes in the first 11 in the last match. Coach gave Balwant Singh the chance to replace Stryker JJ Lalpechlua while Amarinder Singh took over the responsibility of the goalpost instead of Gurpreet Singh Sandhu. However, JJ got the chance to get to the ground 50th time for India in the second half.