Dhawan-Williamson’s innings on Rishabh, Hyderabad won by 9 wickets; Delhi out of the playoffs race
Rishabh Pant (20) became the youngest batsman to score the fastest 1,000 IPL runs
Sunrisers Hyderabad defeated Delhi Daredevils by 9 wickets in the 42nd match of IPL-11. With this victory, Hyderabad has confirmed its place in the playoffs. At the same time, the Delhi team was out of the race for the playoffs. Shikhar Dhawan scored 92 and Ken Williamson scored 83 not out. Earlier, Delhi scored 187 runs for 5 wickets in 20 overs while winning the toss. Rishabh Pant put his first century in IPL He scored 128 runs in 63 balls with 15 fours and 7 sixes.
Dhawan-Williamson’s 176-run partnership
– Hyderabad’s first wicket dropped as Alex Hales to score 15. Herschelle Patel was dismissed on the personal score of 14. After that, Captain Ken Williamson and Shikhar Dhawan shared a 176-run partnership. Dhawan was given the Man of the Match award. Hyderabad took the biggest score while chasing. Prior to this, he made 186 against Chennai Super Kings in 2014.
Delhi’s Opener did not go
– Opener Earth Shaw 9 and Jason Roy became the victims of Shakib Al Hasan on 11 runs. In the fourth over Shakib sent the pavilion to the fifth and sixth ball to score 21 runs. Captain Shreyas Iyer scored three runs and Harshal Patel got out on 24. Delhi scored 89 runs in 14-20 overs and 26 runs in the last over of Bhubaneswar.
Goswami played IPL match six years later
– Hyderabad for the first time this season included Shreevats Goswami in the team Goswami, who played IPL matches six years later, was an Emerging Player in the 2008 season. He was also the wicketkeeper in the team that won the Under-19 World Cup in 2008 under Virat Kohli’s captaincy.
Delhi and three others made a change
Delhi has made three changes, including Jason Roy, Harshal Patel and Shahbaz Nadeem in the team. Daniel Christian, Naman Ojha and Prashesh Khan were dropped out of the team. At the same time, Hyderabad took Srivats Goswami in the team instead of Riddhiman Saha.
Hyderabad’s third win in Feroz Shah Kotla
– Ferrose Shah Kotla stadium has been a big challenge for Sunrisers against Delhi. There are 4 competitions between the two so far. Of these, Delhi has won only one and Hyderabad has won three. There have been 12 matches between the two teams so far. In which Hyderabad has won 8 and Delhi has won only 4 matches.
Rishabh Pant completed one thousand runs
– With 43 runs in this match, 20-year-old Rishabh Pant became the youngest batsman to score a thousand IPL runs Sanju Samson had made this record for 21 years and 183 days.