Jangar Saraswati, the monastery of the largest monastery, was given the Mahasamadhi in Kanchi Bench, one lakh people appeared
Jayendra Saraswati was born on July 18, 1935 in Tamil Nadu. He was the 69th Shankaracharya of Kanchi Mutt.
The largest Hindu monastery, Chief of Kanchi Kamakoti Peeth and 69th Shankaracharya Jayendra Saraswati, was finally felicitated on Thursday. In the Vrindavan entrance (funeral process) lasted for nearly 3 hours, they were first anointed with milk and honey. After the Vedic Havan-Puja, Mahasamadhi was given to the Vrindavan Bhawan in the Math. Jayendra Saraswati (83) died on Wednesday in the Kanchipuram hospital. Till Thursday morning, more than one lakh people in Kanchi monastery made their last appearance. Let’s say that Jayendra took over the throne for 65 years. Now Shankar Vijender Saraswati will take his place.
– Monastery manager Sundaran said that the preparations for Shankaracharya’s Vrindavan entrance (funeral) were made with Vedic law.
During this, after the anointing of Shankaracharya with milk and honey, his body was decorated. Jayendra Saraswati entered Vrindavan Bhawan after Vedic havan-worship. Here, a 7×7 feet pothole was dug for the Mahasamadhi.
– This same ritual was done in 1993 even after the demise of Shankaracharya’s Guru Chandrashekhar Saraswati.
The bodies of the sannyasis are not given due to fire
In the Shaiva tradition, the last rites of Sannyasis are from samadhi. It is called Mahasamadhi. After death, the dead body of Shaivite Saints is placed in the post of Samadhi. According to the monastic tradition, they are worn garbage in saffron (saffron). Rudraksh’s garland, floral wreath, are consumed with incense.
– The funeral is taken as a Mahasamadhi Yatra, in which the body of the body is taken out in a palanquin or chariot. After this, the last rites are performed in the ashram or monastery by making a 7 feet deep tomb at some place.
– Parthiv’s body is given samadhi in Padmasana (Palihi Ka Mudra) only. Shaivite sannyasis are performed by their descendants or disciples. In the Shaivite tradition, all the responses are done on the 16th day. In which the successor of the successor is also anointed with his successor. It is called as Shodoshi Karma.
The four Vedas were known by the Shankaracharya
– Jayendra Saraswati was born on July 18, 1935 in Tamil Nadu. He was the 69th Shankaracharya of the Kanchi Mutt. Jayendra became Shankaracharya in 1954. Earlier, his name was Subrahmanyan Mahadev Aiyar. He was declared the successor of Saraswati Swamigal. Then his age was only 19 years.
– Jayendra remained Shankaracharya for 65 years. In 2003, he completed 50 years as a Shankaracharya. In 1983, Jayendra Saraswati had declared Shankar Vijayan Saraswati as his successor.
Jayendra had to go to jail even in the murder case
– Jayendra Saraswati was arrested in the Shankar Raman murder case. However, he was acquitted later. In this case, Shankaracharya and his associates of Kanchimath were the main accused. There was Jayalalitha’s government in Tamil Nadu at that time. Jayalalitha used to think Jayendra Saraswati as her spiritual guru. At the time when Jayendra came to arrest the police, he was doing ‘Trikal Sandhya’.
Ayodhya was trying to resolve the dispute: Shankaracharya
– Jayendra Saraswati was once quite active for the solution of the Ayodhya dispute. Former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee also appreciated Shankaracharya Jayendra Saraswati for his efforts to resolve the Ayodhya issue. Jayendra had claimed in 2010 that the Vajpayee Government had approached Ayodhya dispute resolution. He wanted to make a law in Parliament.
For the Shankaracharya, Kalam had given up his chair
– When Jayendra Saraswati reached Rashtrapati Bhawan, when he met former president APJ Abdul Kalam, Kalam sat on his chair. Why did Jayendra say this? Then Kalam said – so that you always make your blessings on this chair.
What is the Kanchi Math?
Kanchi Math was established by Adi Shankaracharya himself. It is the largest Hindu monastery established in Kanchipuram. It is one of five Panchasasthanas. The monastery here is called Shankaracharya.
In addition to the Kanchi monastery, Adi Shankaracharya established this monastery in all four directions of the country.
1. Shringeri Math
Shringeri Sharda Bench is in Chikmangalur in Karnataka. After the names of the seekers taking initiation, Saraswati, Bharati, Puri is imposed.
2. Govardhan Math
– Govardhan Math is in Puri in Odisha. It belongs to Lord Jagannath Temple. It comes from Bihar to Odisha and Arunachal.
3. Sharda Math
– Dwarka Math is called Sharda Monastery. It is in Dwarkadham in Gujarat. Here the name of the seeker is written after the pilgrimage and the ashram is written.
Jyotirmath is in Badrikashram of Uttarakhand. After the name of the initiator, here is the adjective of Giri, Mountain and Sagar.