Political map: BJP-NDA government in 20 states, Karnataka 21st state where it is close to forming power
After Modi became the Prime Minister, the BJP has just lost power to the Punjab.
The scope of the governments of the BJP or its coalition has been growing continuously since 2014. Now it is his government in 20 states. The 21st state is also close to forming a government in Karnataka. When Modi took oath of office in May, there was a government in only 8 states of the BJP or NDA and 14 states in the Congress. If the BJP government in Karnataka is formed then the Congress will be left in Puducherry, Punjab and Mizoram only. The other seven states, including Delhi, have government of other parties.
Elections were held in 21 states after the formation of Modi’s PM, the BJP formed the government in 14
2014: Maharashtra, Haryana, Jharkhand, Jammu and Kashmir
2015: Delhi, Bihar
2016: Assam, West Bengal, Kerala, Tamilnadu, Puducherry
2017: Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Punjab, Manipur, Goa, Gujarat, Himachal
2018: Tripura, Nagaland, Meghalaya
14 states in which BJP formed the government:
Maharashtra, Haryana, Jharkhand, Jammu and Kashmir, Assam, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Manipur, Goa, Gujarat, Himachal, Tripura, Nagaland, Meghalaya.
– The NDA ally in Bihar is the government of JDU. However, the BJP here was defeated. After one and a half years, his alliance with JDU came and came to power.
– BJP government in 68% of the population and 59% economy.
14 States where Congress was:
Himachal, Haryana, Uttarakhand, Jharkhand, Kerala, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Arunachal, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Puducherry.
8 of the state BJP or NDA:
Gujarat, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Nagaland and Chhattisgarh, Punjab (Akali Dal-BJP), Goa, Sikkim
Jammu and Kashmir (NC), Tamil Nadu (AIAMDK), Bengal (TMC), Odisha (BJD), Uttar Pradesh (SP), Bihar (JDU), Delhi (AAP), Tripura (CPM)
Note: TRS-ruled Telangana was created in June 2014
Four states of 64 Lok Sabha seats will be held this year
1) Mizoram: 1 Lok Sabha seat
2) Rajasthan: 25 Lok Sabha seats
3) Chhattisgarh: 11 Lok Sabha seats
4) Madhya Pradesh: 27 Lok Sabha seats
What will be the difference between the results of Karnataka on the Rajya Sabha?
– Will not make any difference. Karnataka has 12 seats in the Rajya Sabha. In March, elections were held for four seats. Rajiv Chandrasekhar from Congress, L. Hanumanthaiya, Saeed Nasir, GC Chandrasekhar and BJP became a member.
– Out of the remaining 8 seats, 2 are with BJP, 1 JDS and 5 Congress. The tenure of all these members will end in 2020 and 2024.
Modi is leading in the election victory
BJP: Defeats in 14 states, government in 7 states. After the victory of the Maha coalition in Bihar, the NDA government formed with JDU.
Congress: Government in 3 states, defeat in 13 elections, being the biggest party in 3 states, also away from power. Within a year and a half, JD (U) got separated from the coalition government in Bihar, and formed a government with the BJP.
Indira Gandhi: There were 19 elections in 4 years, Congress won 13 seats.